Pages

Friday, July 27, 2007

Police Academy - Citizen's edition


This week I had two very cool programs at the library which unfortunately were painfully under attended. A program on arson investigation and one on police investigation. At the police one I met my first Lieutenant. He's a very cool guy and imparted tons of useful information.

Why is this a big deal? Well, almost as an afterthought he mentioned that the Police Department in my town holds a Citizen's Police Academy which is free and encourages citizens to learn police procedure. You have to complete an application (which if I had a first born, I think they might want him or her!). How do I know this? Well....
I'm listening to the Lieutenant talk, and granted after the first mental flash to the movie Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol, I thought to myself this was a golden opportunity to learn. I get to learn how to take finger prints, dust for prints, and shoot a gun. Could anything be cooler? So sometime this fall, I'm going to be "on duty" as a citizen trainee. More after class starts. This rocks!
Oh, and I'll let you know whether or not I can handle a gun or you should run like hell if you ever see one in my hands. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment