Pages

Friday, July 13, 2007

Jitters, Passionate Ink & Ellora's Cave...oh my!

Today I wore a dress and heels. Why such torture devices? Because today was the PI luncheon where they would be announcing the winners in the Stroke of Midnight and Passionate Plume contests. I was a finalist in the Time Travel/Paranormal category of the Stroke of Midnight contest. I won't keep you in suspense - I didn't win. I was a bit bummed but it was an honor to be nominated. No really. I was NOT making the Oscar face. Okay, I was. But I was happy for the winner - I just wanted the winner to be me. Maybe next time because I am certainly not giving up.

Before I attended the luncheon I went to the Ellora's Cave spotlight. This was VERY cool because Raelene Gorlinsky had books. Boy did she have books and after the session she gave them away. I also snagged one of the coveted Ellora's Cavemen Calendars. Now I know why they are coveted. Definitely inspiration for my next erotic romance. I was also very impressed by the presentation by EC. They answered a bunch of questions I had and it was interesting to get a preview of what Ms. Gorlinsky is like because I was able to get an appointment to pitch to her-which I will do tomorrow. I must say, the lady is very put together and I love her hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment