Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Thirteen Favorite Things about Cats



My Thirteen Favorite Things about Cats

1. Even though they are "domesticated" they are still a wild animal.

2. They can act like a kitten without feeling stupid or embarrassed.



3. Cats don't roll their eyes when you use baby talk with them (however tempted they might be).

4. Tom cats live by the motto, "chicks dig scars."

5. Tom cats are guys with fur.

6. Even when they do something incredibly idiotic, like run into a closed window or slide off a table, they pick themselves up and look at you coolly as if to say, "I meant to do that."

7. They look like they are thinking deep and mysterious thoughts, when they really are thinking things like "I smell mouse" or "I want to eat bug."

8. They are brave enough, or foolish enough, to try anything fearlessly.

9. Cats think dogs are way too easy - in every way.

10. Even when hanging from a ledge, or the curtains, they don't look scared.

11. They remember the old days, when humans worshipped them as Gods.

12. They know how to delegate to their loyal minions...humans.

13. My two boys let me live in their house because I clean their litter and provide food and water.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



2 comments:

  1. I love cats! I'd have a couple of indoor cats if Mr. Robin weren't so violently opposed to them.

    And speaking of violent, WTF happened to your cat? I mean, yes, scars are cool, but OW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting Robin!

    Snowden had constantly watering eyes, so I took him to the vet. During the exam, the vet discovered Snow had been shot with a BB which was lodged just below his eye. That pic was taken after surgery to remove the BB. If I had found the shooter, I would probably have become an episode of CSI cause I was ready to kill somebody.

    ReplyDelete