Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Calamity Jayne Hits the Library



I was pleased to have Kathy Bacus visit my library tonight. She talked about her writing and signed books for readers. It was a great night!

I know Kathy because we are both members of the Iowa Romance Novelists chapter of RWA based in Des Moines. Kathy is a dedicated author, former state trooper, and an all around cool lady!

We didn't have quite as large a crowd as I might have liked, but it was respectable and several bought books and had them signed - including me!

A really neat part of this is both of us are going to Nationals in July and Kathy is a finalist in the 2007 Daphne Contest for Published Writers. She is nervous and excited. I can relate because the Stroke of Midnight announcement creeps slowly forward. I'm all jittery about it. I definitely hope Kathy wins her category. It would be really wonderful and well deserved. If you enjoy a funny, cozy mystery be sure to give Calamity Jayne a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment