Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2007

March came in like a lion!!!


The bad news? Well, we got the blizzard they were predicting. Interstate 80 was closed from like Omaha to Davenport on Thursday night into Friday morning (BTW, that's across the entire state of Iowa, kids). The good news? I didn't lose my power! After last week, I was thrilled out of my tiny mind about that! Believe me!!


The library closed early Thursday night so I went across the street to buy some groceries before I went home. It wasn't too bad at 6 p.m. By the time I was done at the store about half an hour later, the wind was blowing horizontally. I kid you not!


I was SO happy I wasn't scheduled to work on Friday. I would have been, but this was my weekend to work. The roads and such were much better by the time I had to emerge from hibernation to work on Saturday. I work this afternoon from 1-4 pm, then I'll go home and crash. Sleeping sounds pretty darn good right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment