Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Author, Kim Louise gets to the heart of the matter!

Author, Kim Louise spoke at my chapter meeting on Saturday and she was just Super!!! She spoke to us about taking time and making time for your writing. It was so motivational, because I've been feeling a little challenged about taking and making time for my writing.

I think all authors feel that way at times. We put our spouse, our kids, our parents, our friends, our pets, etc.... first in our lives. We say, "I'll write when X happens", or "When X is done, then I'll write." I know I have. Kim's talk was such a wake-up call. It's not about being selfish, it's about making yourself and your writing a priority.

Boy did that one hit home for me. I've begun to do that. Instead of spending my tax money on clothes, or a computer or something I bought my plane ticket to Dallas and paid for my conference fees so I can attend the RWA national conference. I've made my writing a priority in my life. Even so, there are so many things that pull at me sometimes I get sidetracked. Hearing Kim speak came to me at just the right time.

Thanks Kim for your words of encouragement, they were timely and helpful. Thanks also go to the Program committee of the Iowa Romance Novelist's chapter of RWA. It was a great program. You guys rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment