Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Slicing and dicing...

Nope, this isn't a food post. I wish it was - it would be SO much easier. When my editor offered me a contract for my medieval paranormal erotic romance, Seeking Truth she told me I'd have to cut the length by 1032 words. She asked if that was a problem. I said "heck no." I may have spoken too soon. Not that I can't do it. I can. But it is a LOT harder than I thought it was going to be.

I figured - hey the story is 121, 032 words. Nooooooo problem. Yeeeeeeees, problem. I like words. In fact, I love words. Especially mine. The good news is that I've been rereading the story so that I can find words to cut and ya know...I REALLY like it. I've fallen in love with my hero (Eaduin) all over again. My heroine (Vérité) is spunky - in a good way. The sex scenes are smoooooookin' hot. The scenes I wrote to make people cry - well, they made ME cry. I think I just might be a pretty good writer. How's that for modesty! LOL

I'm down to just 119 words left to cut, but now I'm confident I can get there. It's just a bit painful slicing and dicing my "baby". I've received the word from my editor though that we can move forward with the REST of the editing as soon as I get the words out. I'm on fire now. I want to get this book edited and out there for everyone to enjoy - not just me.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment