Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2007

House Hunting


Well, I received some less than happy news from my landlord at the end of last month. He decided to list the house I'd been renting. In other words, it's for sale. Between my lack of house keeping and hate for housework, and the fact that I could be homeless or scrambling for housing any time...well, I'm a bit scattered.

I'd chosen to rent a house when I got my library job because I could change my location at will, however I forgot that also meant my landlord could change my location at will too. I don't like strangers coming into my home - unless I invite them - and I don't like worrying about having to make a sudden move.

I contacted the realtor my landlord was using because I liked her. We checked into financing and low and behold, I qualified. You could have knocked me over with a feather. I'm thrilled. But I'm also now embarking on one of the scariest things I've ever done.

Yes, learning to fly a plane can get you killed if things go bad. But buying a house can get you in debt! You can end up with a money pit. In short, I'm excited and terrified all at once. I'll keep you posted on how things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment