Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I love Halloween!








Ghoulies and Ghosties.

Vampires and Werewolves.

Things that go bump in the night.


Oh yeah. I love 'em all. It really is a toss up which I enjoy decorating for more - Halloween or Christmas. This year I decorated the library and the book display was a celebration of horror. Horror books. Horror flicks.

Sometimes I wonder why we enjoy being scared. I think it's the adrenaline rush. It almost feels like sex. Your heart races. You sweat. Your body is tense. And you scream. A lot. Well, not everyone screams during sex, but I digress.

Fear, like sex, is exciting. Horror books and films are a safe scare, just like a roller coaster. Maybe that's the attraction of Halloween. It's a safe outlet for fear. Maybe that's why I love it. Or maybe it's just the candy. ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment