Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2007

45 and Counting...



Today I turned 45 years old. It's funny, I didn't have a mid-life crisis when I turned 40. I had fun and went about my day. This year though, I was thinking to myself, "What have I done with my life?" Needless to say, a bit depressing.

Time to break out the chocolate.



But I guess I can enumerate a lot of things I've done well. Got my BA in religion, MA in Library Science. I've learned to fly a plane (still working on that very slowly - it's an expensive hobby). I've made many good friends. I've cared for family members. I've completed one novel-length manuscript and I'm 3/4 through a second.


So I guess I've accomplished quite a few positive things. I'm 45 and I've earned every grey hair on my head and hope to gain a few more before I give up the ghost. All in all, I done good!

No comments:

Post a Comment