Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It's OFFICIAL! I won an EPPIE!!! Woot!

I've had a damn good week. Not only do I have a new release coming out tomorrow, but I found out (i.e., I confirmed) that Seeking Truth won the 2010 EPIC award for the Historical Erotic Romance category. Wooo Hoooo!

I'm so excited about this. It was so cool to even be a finalist (one of two!) but to find out that I actually WON was just icing on the cake for me. Hmmm - don't want to thank "the Academy" or anything, but I do want to thank EC and especially my EC editor Mary Moran for her support and great editing. She caught stuff that I didn't realize was in there. I especially appreciate that she gets me and my writing. That's a really good thing.

Gotta say thanks to my critique partner Paris Brandon too. She kept me on task and offered great support while I was writing. She's also an AWESOME writer herself. Check out her web site and most excellent book, Assassin's Kiss.

I'll stop my thank yous now, lest some hidden orchestra starts to play me off the "stage" like they do at the Oscars. But thanks to my friends and family for your support through the years. Hopefully, I'll be getting more of these award things in the future, but even if I don't that's okay. This one felt very good indeed.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your EPPIE! I'm so proud of you. Being your crit partner, I have the advantage of being able to read your awesome work first. I'm so happy for you;-)

    ReplyDelete