Pages

Friday, September 19, 2008

Happy International Talk Like a Pirate Day!



Ahoy Mateys!


Each year on September 19th we can celebrate the buccaneer in us all because today is International Talk Like a Pirate day!
Back in the 1990s a couple of guys decided they'd become pirates for a day and started talking strangely. Instead of people just looking at them oddly, they started a movement.

I first heard about this special day a couple of years ago from some SCA friends of mine (like this should surprise you at all).
Since today is my last day of vacation, talking like a pirate might be a very good thing for me! On Monday, I shall return to the library renewed from goodly amounts of sleep.

In the meantime, swagger out into the day, me beauties! Drink some tasty grog, talk like a pirate and drive people crazy!


No comments:

Post a Comment