Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

RIP Carrie Fisher

Man, 2016 is vicious. Another great has left us.

Author & iconic actress Carrie Fisher died as a result of the heart attack she suffered last Friday. My sympathies go to her family, friends and her legions of fans - of which I am one.

Princess Leia proved that a princess in distress may need to be rescued, but she'll grab that blaster right out of your hand and rescue herself if you screw up. She was badass before badass was cool. She was smart, sarcastic and even though she was small - she had a huge presence. And I really think George Lucas gave her all the best lines!


"Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope."
"When you came in here didn't you have a plan for getting out?"
"Somebody has to save our skins. Into the garbage chute, fly-boy"
"You needn't worry about your reward. If money is all that you love, then that's what you'll receive." 
"Somebody get this walking carpet out of my way."

Among many others - and Carrie delivered the lines with snark and a dry humor we all loved.




No comments:

Post a Comment