But on a day like today, I want something warm and comforting to eat. I made a taco soup. Here's the recipe I used, if you're interested.
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 onion
- 1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of whole corn, drained
- 2 8 oz cans of tomato sauce
- 2 8 oz cans of beef broth
- 1 pkg dry ranch seasoning mix (like Hidden Valley)
- 1 pkg taco seasoning (I used Ortega)
- Salt, pepper to taste
Brown the ground beef and onions, drain. Combine the cooked beef with all the other ingredients and simmer approximately 30 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips, shredded Mexican cheese, and sour cream, if desired. Variations: You can add chili, black or kidney beans if you like beans. You could also use salsa and/or chipotle if you like a spicy taco. I go mild all the way, but you can make this as hot or mild as you prefer! This is really great on a cold day...or any day really.
And here it is - ready to eat and yummy as can be!
Warm. Soothing. Tasty.
Yes, the ultimate in comfort food on a cold winter's day!