Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Where have I been? Coming out of hiding...

"Where have you been, Francesca?"


Well you should ask! 2011 has been a "dealing with my health" year so far. In April, I was out sick for a week. I thought it was the flu, but it didn't get any better. I tried going back to work after a week and realized that I'd be far better off visiting a doctor. When I went to the doc, he told me I was having gallbladder issues. Apparently, I was as yellow as Tweety Bird. I've gotta tell ya, jaundice does nothing for my looks.

Because of complications, they had to do an open surgery to remove my gall bladder and clean out my common bile duct. Then after I started healing, I had a few other issues come up too. Overall, I was in and out of the hospital from April through most of July. I lost 40+ pounds, but this is NOT a weight loss method I would encourage anyone to embark on. Oh, no. No way!

I went back to work, but I haven't had the opportunity to do a lot of writing this year. I just didn't have the stamina for it. In fact, I wasn't even sure I'd make it to Romanticon this year. I am happy to say that I got to go to the best party anywhere again this year. I'll share more about Romanticon in an upcoming blog post.

 In the meantime, I am slowly getting back on target with my day job (as a librarian) and with my writing. I still often want to go and crawl in bed to sleep, but there are times my computer calls to me too. I'm working on a story featuring Andy Larson - Minnesota sugar beet farmer and hot Dom. He's the younger brother of Erika from Whirlwind Affair. I just have to tell you...Andy is a very interesting guy. Major understatement - picture a big grin here. I hope you enjoy him as much as I do once I finish his story and get it sent to my editor!

No comments:

Post a Comment