Pages

Monday, May 5, 2008

SCA in the Life of this Librarian

Well, it's Monday, but my news is anything but Mundane, at least for me. :-)

I've been active in the SCA (Society for Creative Anacronism) since 1997. I live and play in the Kingdom of Calontir. I've enjoyed most of my experiences and I'm really happy to have made so many wonderful friends.

Recently, I'd kind of retired from active participation. I had a lot of things going on in my life and I'd focused on my writing. I still listened to gossip to keep up with the news, but didn't really travel to events unless they were close.

However an event called Crown Tournament happened over the weekend. Calontir celebrated it's 50th Crown Tourney since becoming a Kingdom and there were 25 couples (combatants and consorts) who were part of things. Fitting indeed. I knew and knew of several of the individuals who were fighting and so I was rooting for them, though I'm sure anyone of the others would have done a wonderful job.

The man who won Crown is someone I know and respect. Heaven help em all, cause I'll be coming out of my retirement a little to attend more events while he is Prince and then King. The really neat thing for me is that he was Prince/King during my first year in the SCA. Ya think it's a sign? I'm gonna take it as one.





Congratulations unto

Graf Luther Amossfaust & Mistress Maerwynn of Holme,

Calontir's newest Prince & Princess.



Long Live Their Majesties!
Long Live Their Royal Highnesses!
Long Live Calontir!

No comments:

Post a Comment