Pages

Friday, November 9, 2007

Still House Hunting


I've been house hunting. And hunting... and hunting.

Now, I'm a bit limited because I want to buy a house local to where I work. I have NO desire to commute. Also, I am looking only at homes under $70,000. So yes, we are talking some smaller homes. Some of the houses I've been seeing are really awful. In my town there are TONS of foreclosures. Almost uniformly, the foreclosed homes have been trashed. It's pretty bad.

It's so frustrating because I can see beyond the repairs needed to the houses that they could be. If only I had money, I'd have bought a home by now. However, anything I buy has to be almost move in ready. I can pull out carpets to get to hardwood (or wood) floors, but I can't gut a kitchen or bathroom. No money for it. Grrrrr.

I know the right house is out there. I just have to FIND it. Or wait to come onto the market. Keep your fingers crossed for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment