Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Improv Nite...


I stayed up way too late last night. Why?
Improv Nite.


Now, I'm a shy person and I have a terror of public speaking. This is not super unusual, but I know that when I start selling more of my novels, I'm going to have to get out there and make presentations. AS AN AUTHOR! How scary is that? Huge. Just...Huge.... But I want to do it. I need to do it.

So when a friend mentioned she had a small improv group that met at her house, did I want to come? Well, I said sure. Count me in. I need to work on that phobia of mine so I can handle public speaking without a panic attack. Plus, I LOVE Whose Line is it Anyway- both the US and UK versions.

Well, I was nervous but I had a blast. We did some of our own improv things and even pulled a few from Whose Line - like If ya know what I mean and the Press Conference. That one was scary because I was one of the people sent out of the room while they concocted who I was. Turns out I was Paris Hilton and my dog died - but I actually guessed it! I'm so tickled I figured it out! We are going to meet again next month and I'll be there and ready to make up some fun stuff with my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment